Software Engineer - Backend
Our mission is to give people the power to build ultra-large IoT fleets, sensor networks and meshed information systems around the globe and behind. We're building a different kind of company that connects billions of devices around the world, gives them ways to share data and create a data-driven economy for everyone. Together, we help people build spheres and communities around sensors, networks and other things people want to connect - we're just getting started.
We are looking for smart engineers who want to learn something new every day and work in an Agile team to make it happen. Software Engineering is in our nature, and much more than a job. We wear many hats - while everybody may be specialized, our engineers often work in multiple roles (DevOps!) and use this as an opportunity to broaden their skillset. You always put the team and its goals before individual accomplishments.
Who you are
- You have experience in working with Kubernetes & writing Kubernetes operators
- You have experience with Apache Kafka and understand why it is much more than a message broker
- You have already demonstrated your coding & communication skills by being an active open source developer
- You know how to work within a modern Software Development Landscape with Git, Continuous Deployment and Infrastructure as Code
- DevOps skills - Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform & HashiCorp stack
- Ability to implement protocols from scratch (e.g. MQTT, Coap, Modbus, BacNET, OPC-UA …)
What you'll do
- Program highly scalable, Kubernetes-first microservices in Go
- Design infinimesh’s cloud native microservices architecture
- You take responsibility for everything you do. You break it, you fix it!
- Collaborate with open source contributors
- Participate in code reviews
What you've done
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Great debugging skills in a complex, container-driven distributed systems environment
- Adept at working with the command line
- Dealing with networked systems; TCP/IP, Asymmetric & Symmetric Cryptography, CAP theorem are well known to you