Director Software Engineering
Our mission is to give people the power to build ultra-large IoT fleets, sensor networks and meshed information systems around the globe and behind. We're building a different kind of company that connects billions of devices around the world, gives them ways to share data and create a data-driven economy for everyone. Together, we help people build spheres and communities around sensors, networks and other things people want to connect - we're just getting started.
recasta.io seeks to recruit a Director, Software Engineering to oversee the development of our cloud. The successful candidate will lead our software teams and will be involved in the development of the infrastructure as well as building the organization to support it. The optimal candidate will work with the software engineering teams building the whole stack and will focus on driving scalability, stability, reliability, operability of services, and security. The canditade must understand the demands of managing a 24x7 application at large-scale.
The successful candidate will have experience building teams and grooming/mentoring team members. Specifically, she/he will be an innovative, intellectually curious, tinkerer-type and a strong problem solver who stays current on modern solutions and best practices. The candidate will participate, contribute and drive technical discussions with the teams when necessary. This candidate does not need to have the correct answer to everything, but rather should be able to drive the conversation toward a productive solution by including all the right stakeholders, weighing pros/cons, business needs, timelines, etc.
In addition to technical acumen and experience with services/apps of high demand, this role requires someone who has individual experience in structuring organizations and optimizing them for execution, as well as participating in recruiting and building teams.
One of our Engineering's core values is to get things done through hard work and flexibility, and we are seeking a candidate who can lead from the front; the optimal candiate has be able to prioritize what it takes to drive the bigger mission forward and translate that vision into results.
Who you are
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Solid attention to detail
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
- Strong customer service skills and empathy
- Fluent written and verbal German and English, other languages a strong plus
- On-the-job experience troubleshooting enterprise customer issues
- Understanding of networking and distributed systems
What you'll do:
- Manage portions of our 24x7, always-available infrastructure to meet the high traffic needs, and strive to eliminate downtime and improve the manageability of its services
- Build and manage a world-class team of engineers capable of scaling with infinimesh as platform through a period of continued high-growth
- Attract top tier talent to match this level of growth
- Manage and mentor the existing operations and development team
- Able to manage high performers as well as performance manage those who need more help
- Measure and improve efficiency and effectiveness of processes that are working well and build the next level of improvements
- Set standards for deployments at scale, infrastructure reliability and scalability
- Team with all technical functions in the company ensuring that all organizations are in sync
- Continue to improve on a thriving engineering culture across all tech functions
- Build and lead an organization with customer focus, world class quality, effective communication, decisive, fast moving solutions, quick and constructive resolutions of conflicts, and a no barriers mentality
- Serve as an evangelist for the team and overall culture, both internally and externally
What you've done:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Understands the interrelationships of several key disciplines and integrates this knowledge to achieve goals
- Experience running systems at scale leveraging web scale technologies like: kubernetes, Nginx ingress, Golang based microservices
- Experience with Linux/Unix internals and systems services and Open Source Embedded OS like Yocto
- Experience with networking protocols such as TCP, UDP and HTTPS
- Knowledge of IoT fundamentals, concepts and networking