Support Admin Internship / Student / part-time
Our mission is to give people the power to build ultra-large IoT fleets, sensor networks and meshed information systems around the globe and behind. We're building a different kind of company that connects billions of devices around the world, gives them ways to share data and create a data-driven economy for everyone. Together, we help people build spheres and communities around sensors, networks and other things people want to connect - we're just getting started.
We are looking for smart engineers who want to learn something new every day and work mostly in an agile team to make it happen. Software Engineering is in our nature, and much more than a job. We wear many hats - while everybody may be specialized, our engineers often work in multiple roles (DevOps!) and use this as an opportunity to broaden their skillset. You always put the team and its goals before individual accomplishments.
We have a position open as a SysAdmin intern, 10 hours / week who manages and DevOps our back-office systems, hardware and mobiles. This person is responsible to integrate and maintain 2FA authentication tokens, operate our GSuite space and help our teams in the case they have issues with their systems.
Who you are
- Intensive knowledge of MacOS, MacBooks, Linux (PopOS, Ubuntu, Lint)
- Linux experience and/or understanding of basic concepts
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
- Must be a proactive self-starter who is ready to learn a lot from a lot of smart people and be humble enough to ask for help, yet independent enough to find existing knowledge too.
- Fluent written and verbal English, other languages a strong plus
What you'll do
- Manage the hardware delivery to our newcomers
- Help with rare OSX problems
- Google Suite Admin
- Mobiles (iPhones) and mobile policy management
- Typical internal admin tasks - no, not the coffee maker repair :)
Nice to have
- Understanding of networking and distributed systems
- Knowledge of relational database management systems (RDBMS), SQL and database concepts
- Official Kubernetes certification of any kind